Thursday, September 20, 2007

Herman Düne / Jeff Lewis Band Crawdaddy 14th & 18th Sept


How do you write a gig review? How do write two gig reviews at once? What is a gig review for? The only people I can see benefiting from a gig review are, the writer who writes it (if they're getting paid to do so) and the artist (if they can actually gleam even the smallest piece of good advice from it, this never happens, it shouldn't). Have you ever gone to a gig on the strength of a review alone? Have you ever read a gig review by a band you've never heard of? Here's the gist of the reviews I imagine I would've wrote had I been bothered:

Herman Düne - Crawdaddy Friday 14th September ::
Excited. Support sucked. Yay! new songs are great. Yay! some of my favorite older songs. Nice distortion.

Jeff Lewis Band - Crawdaddy Tuesday 18th September ::
Excited. Support sucked. Yay! new songs are great. Yay! some of my favorite older songs. Nice bickering.

See! Gig reviews are the cookery-shows of the writing / dancing about music / architecture scene. Yep, this is the most right I've ever been about anything ever.

Jeff Lewis - Life mp3
Herman Düne - This Will Never Happen mp3
Jeff Lewis - The Man With The Golden Arm (Peel Session) mp3
Herman Düne - Suburbs With You (Peel Session) mp3

Jeffrey Lewis - 'Williamsburg Will Oldham Horror'


Herman Düne - Not On Top


- RV.

No comments: