Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Grizzly Bear Make A New Friend (Sorry!)


Good news in store for fans of the gorgeously sublime Grizzly Bear. Having released one of 2006's best albums, the stunning Yellow House, the Brooklyn based four piece are set to insert shards of sweet love into our hearts once again with the release of their new ten track EP Friend on Warp Records. If that album is anything to go by expect lots of soaring, grandiose melodies and exquisitely crafted tunes. I went through a phase where I was pretty much obsessed with this album. I was playing it every chance I got and constantly berating friends who hadn't heard it. Needless to say my friends all ditched me and now I'm more alone than ever. Sob. No matter though, I finally got to see them live at the ATP Music Festival in May this year and was completely blown away. The band were on hypnotic form and held the audience captivated throughout a mesmerising show. If anything the songs sounded even more epic live than on record. Terrific stuff. My only regret is that I missed out on their impromptu acoustic set at sunrise on a nearby beach. I think I was in the toilet or something. Friend is released November 6.

Grizzly Bear - He Hit Me (and it felt like a kiss) mp3
(The Crystals cover)

Grizzly Bear Myspace

S.B.

No comments: